In Memory of Lorraine, 11x14" #201447
Oil on linen board
Available - Contact me for pricing.
First of all, I'm LOVING this Raphael linen mounted on 3 ply board. It's exquisite and truly resilient. I tried another painting (not a keeper) and have wiped and scraped it nearly back to original finish I think 3 or 4 times. I think that one might now have too much bad karma to create on, but I highly recommend board.
I have had a bit of a run with the effects of losing my mom lately. It's been nearly 8 months, but it's still raw. Her name is Lorraine and this painting is not of her, but was painted with my heart and soul filled with her spirit. As was yesterday's painting. My work is 100 times more expressive when I absorb myself in emotion of any sort. Certainly this is true of most artists. I feel blessed to have the gift (or affliction - depending on how you look at it) of sensitivity.
Thanks to everyone who has continued to follow my work; comment and ask questions. I'm getting oodles of inquiries about my workshops, classes and lessons. Oh my! How exciting! So I hope I've covered at least some of the pertinent info below. I am hoping to get one scheduled in Carmel, CA for next year. Being that I'm in Orlando, folks from the west have been asking me for years when I am coming to that area. Keep your fingers crossed ya'll! And if any of you have contact info for places who can host up to 15 students, please let me know :)
WORKSHOPS & CLASSES
• Three day Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy Workshop scheduled for Wednesday, November 19th- Friday November 21th at SoBo Art Gallery in Winter Garden Florida. $320 for 3 days. Workshop is limited to 8 students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot!
• Four day Intensive - Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy with focus on clean color mixing based on theory. Workshop scheduled for January 28th-30th, 2015 at my studio, Sally Shisler Palette Knife Painting Studio, in Winter Garden Florida. $450 for 4 days. This will be an intense session where students will be practicing technique and learning how to translate their brush painting skills into palette knife artistry. Intermediate - Advanced. Workshop is limited to six students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or email@example.com to secure your spot.
• Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy Workshop scheduled for May 2015 at The Art School in Sandy Springs Atlanta, Georgia. $450 for 3 days. Please call or email Donna Thomas at 404-313-7356 or theartschoolinsandysprings.com.
• Announcing one day, 3 hour intensive COLOR MIXING workshops in my studio in Winter Garden, FL! These sessions are designed to help students prepare for their own paintings that they will paint at home with their premixed palette. This is all about thorough color mixing; not actual painting. Each student will be provided with a high quality color print of their selected photograph with a clear breakdown of which colors will be mixed. Preparing a palette of clean, harmonious color before putting knife/brush to canvas gives you a head start on a successful painting. Workshops are held on the second Saturday of each month. Cost is $50. Beginner-Advanced. Space is limited to six students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot.
• Private Lessons In my studio. Cost is $100 for three hours. Those interested, please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or email@example.com to make an appointment.
• Sally Shisler - A Collection of Paintings from 2007-2014. Keep your eyes peeled for my first self published book of 4x4" palette knife paintings.
• Sally Shisler - Color Mixing for Radiant Harmony in your Paintings. Not long after the book above is published, I'll be coming out with an instruction book that goes in depth with how I chose and mix color.