Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"Time to Go", 14x11, oil on canvas board by Maryanne Jacobsen

"Time to Go", 14x11, oil on canvas board

This painting came together quickly and beautifully for me after I'd worked hard on a couple commissions for a few weeks.

Once the commission work was done, I wanted to just painting something simple, beautiful and fun. (and smallish!) Since I've been working on beach paintings of late, it was natural for me to want to use the left over paint on my palette to continue in the same vein I'd been in for the past week or so. So I decided upon a scene I was well familiar with-(Venice Beach, Florida) and a bird that I am also well familiar with (Great Blue Heron) and voila! I had a new painting in no time at all!

This one exudes freedom, just like the bird taking flight.

I hope that you like it, too. To see more of my paintings, please visit my official website at Maryanne Jacobsen, Fine art, or visit my blog at Paint Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment