Sunday, January 27, 2013

1477 Morning At Adams Ranch

Art Mundo had its first paintout of the year here at Adams ranch.  I got up early, a bit crabby, I haven't been having the best of nights lately.  My dog Whisker's medications are making him get us up to take him out at 3 or 4 am in the morning lately.

I got to the ranch at 7:15 about, its 48 degrees, chilly with patchy fog, it looks cool, I don't see that much where I live.  I drove round and round, there are lots of places to drive there, its fun and bumpy dirt roads, I am glad I have a jeep.  I wasn't inspired started looking for some friends to paint with.  Saw this road and ended up by this waterway.  My friends Betsy and Fran were there so I had good company.  A herd of cows came by too, right under those trees to the left.  We saw two baby alligators too.  I was in a much better mood!

Photos below are how it looked early in the morning, the scene I painted.  I believe I started painting 8 or 9 am, finished it around 12:30 or so.  It was very bright out, the palms were very dark against the morning sky.   If you click the photos they will get larger.
The painting is 11 x 14 inches, oil on masonite.  $500. 





No comments:

Post a Comment