Tuesday, June 18, 2013

GREEN WAVE by Carol Schiff

My husband retired recently, and we find ourselves walking on the beach quite regularly these days.  I always take my camera because you never know when that perfect scene will be spread out at your feet.  On these days I go without it, I always see multiple "perfect scenes".

90 + 6.50 in USA

Purchase here
I have to remind myself, that seeing the perfect scene, and getting an image of it are two different things.  Usually, when I look in my viewfinder, the sun is in my eyes, or some such distraction, and I just click away in frustration, unable to see what I am pointing at.


I enjoy the trip again when I return home and download the images.  Usually I find at least a few that have possibilities.

I am sure by now all you plein air painters are horrified, but I have always been a studio painter and always will be.  I did TRY to do plein air, but  find it is a whole different ballgame.  I have great respect for anyone who can climb a mountain with a 36x48 canvas strapped on his back.......just cannot see me doing it!

On another note, I have thrilled to announce that I am the winner of not one, but TWO killer give a-ways!
If you are not familiar with Charleen Martin, I urge you to hop right over to her blog.  She does the most interesting and delightful mixed media pieces around.  At the moment, she is recovering from a shoulder injury and is showcasing her most unique jewelry making skills.



She sent me the most wonderful set of her note cards showcasing her fabulous collage works.  Thank you so much Charleen.  I will enjoy sending this out and I know my friends will be thrilled to receive them.

I also entered a little contest on Dreama Tolle Perry's blog.  She was showcasing her new book..."Be Inspired.....Adventures for the Heart".  She asked readers to post their most inspired saying and then selected the ten she liked the most.  Imagine my surprise when she posted my name as one of the winners.  She sent each of us a copy of her book. Click on her name above for a link that will take you to a page to order her book, or download a copy.

Enjoy the day.........
www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment