Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, Orchid Painting, "The Perfect Gift", 6x8 Florial Still Life

Well, for me, this orchid was the perfect gift, from my dear friend.

I wanted to paint it, so I set it in front of a north facing window, allowing natural light to flow in behind it.


Purchase here
100 + shipping
The composition was a little tricky, but I think I pulled it off okay.  I really enjoyed painting this one.  I just set back and relaxed, and before I know it, I had completed this sweet little piece.



  
I almost always show my paintings in a simple black frame.  I don't want the frame to distract from the artwork and I think it makes the colors really pop.

Thanks, for reading my blog today.   Don't forget to water your plants!





www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment