Saturday, April 27, 2019

A year Later: Mountains VS Beach

It has been a year since we moved to Asheville, and we are loving our new community.  I came across this post from last year, and thought you might enjoy it again.

We have just left the beaches of Florida and moved to the mountains of western North Carolina.   This is a preview of what our surroundings will look like in a few weeks...no blooms yet!

Everyone loves a touch of spring this time of the year....enjoy!

One afternoon I grabbed my camera and ran outside to capture the beautiful spring day and this is what I found.

I inherited a garden in front of our new home, and everything was coming alive at once...



Fiddleheads were popping up




Dogwood was blooming everywhere I
looked in both pink.....





and white blossoms.  Tulips, lilac and azalea were everywhere and the days were filled with the music of songbirds.




A drive to WaterRock Knob, off the Blue Ridge Parkway, showed less color at the higher elevation, but still beautiful to see.

For an Ohio girl, who has spent most of the last 50 years in Florida, it seemed all my memories of spring were spread out before my eyes.  Don't get me wrong, I truly love living in Florida, but when spring or fall calls, I head to the mountains.

Stay tuned, to see these images interpreted in oil.

Thanks for stopping by today.

MY PRINTS

CAROL SCHIFF

No comments:

Post a Comment