Saturday, August 29, 2020

Nature Fine Art Painting, Colored Pencil, Wildlife,"SPECTACLED OWL” The Art of Nature, Fine Art by Mindy Lighthipe



The Spectacle Owl , Pulsatrix perspicillata is the first owl I ever saw in the wild. I was walking in the rainforest on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica when suddenly I felt as if I was being watched. I looked around and didn't see anything, until I looked up. The gaze of an owl staring at you is piercing. I stopped dead in my tracks and watched this magnificent raptor. I will never forget that moment. This painting was done from a rescued owl at the Toucan Rescue Ranch. They rehabilitate all rainforest birds found in Costa Rica.

They have all the Neo-Tropical Owls and when possible the birds are released back into the wild. This listing is for an original colored pencil and PanPastel paintings on Stonehenge Kraft Paper. It is unframed. 25% of the sale will go towards donating funds to the Toucan Rescue Ranch.

7"x7" Colored Pencil on Paper

Click HERE for purchase info.

View Mindy's Class Schedule HERE

http://mindylighthipefineart.com
http://mindylighthipe.com

Learn about my Annual Art Tour to Costa Rica HERE
The next one is January 29th - February 7th 20201

Follow Mindy on facebook
Follow Mindy on Pinterest
Follow Mindy on Instagram

Mindy's BOOK by Quarto Books is available on Amazon HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment