Sunday, March 28, 2010

Daily Painting by Sally Shisler, "Story Road" $150


Another wonderful surface to paint on is Claussen's #13 premium line portrait linen. It's a bit slick, but there seems to be a tooth to it that takes the knife & the paint in a way that's sufficiently controllable for me. The luster of the paint is superior to to the Art Alternatives linen that I've been raving about! At least so far as immediately goes. We'll see how it dries. I like this painting very much. I spent most of yesterday painting WAY out in the middle of nowhere. Which was perfect for the way I felt after spending an uncomfortable night of little sleep. It was gorgeous here yesterday - perfect temp and beautiful light. So, I took my time with a different painting, finished up feeling passably OK about it, then on the way home I saw this scene. It's in Ocoee, my town. Not more than a few hundred yards from a neighborhood I shouldn't have been driving through. But I loved the late afternoon light on this pale green house, and wanted to see if I could catch it quickly. Luckily, there was able to pull off onto a side road to set up. Again, the surroundings weren't too bothersome (a little traffic & some wind) and I was able to knock this out pretty easily. There are some things I'd change if I was brave enough. Mostly design stuff. But since I worked out so many potential challenges during the painting session, I'm leaving well enough alone!

Please contact me for purchase information at scshisler@gmail.com If you would like to become a subscribed member to my personal blog,
"All in a Painting Day's Work", simply enter your email address in the join box on my blog's home page. As a member you will receive special values on your purchases. And, periodic subscriber promotions give members the opportunity to enjoy my paintings in real life at even more affordable prices!

3 comments:

  1. Sally,
    I had to scroll all the way down to the bottom just to see who posted. It's really important to put your name in the Post Title along with the title of your painting.
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nora. Thanks for the head's up. I'm changing the titles now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally,
    It looks Great! . . . Your painting is too.
    Nora

    ReplyDelete