Saturday, April 3, 2010

Daily Painting by Sally Shisler "Oakland Park Walkway" $125


"Oakland Park Walkway" (4x4")-201038
We have been blessed with phenomenal weather as of late, and today was no exception. It was perfect for an afternoon of plein air. And I was lucky enough to find a comfortable, shady spot to paint for a few hours. I finished a larger painting too, but for tonight I wanted to post this little one. The white building & house series seems to continue. There are a lot of white houses, after all. And there is so much to learn from how light envelops a form this way. Soon I'll be taking it to the next degree of difficulty. There's a large brick mansion with 4 tremendous columns that stand as the welcoming committee for it's visitors. I don't think it's a residence anymore, but it does seem to serve some kind of purpose. Can't wait to find out what it is! Happy Easter everyone!

Please contact me for purchase information at scshisler@gmail.com If you would like to become a subscribed member to my personal blog,
"All in a Painting Day's Work", simply enter your email address in the join box on my blog's home page. As a member you will receive special values on your purchases. And, periodic subscriber promotions give members the opportunity to enjoy my paintings in real life at even more affordable prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment