Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Autumn's First Kiss, Cape Porpoise, 7x5 ,by Maryanne

"Autumn's First Kiss, Cape Porpoise, 7x5 oil on Italian wood panel-$99 by Maryanne Jacobsen

I really dislike painting this small, but I wanted to try out these Panelli Olio fine wooden panels. The oil primed panels are quite expensive, but I really enjoyed painting on the surface. I'm sure I'll buy more in some larger sizes as the surface was simply awesome to paint on.

When we visited Maine, we spent a couple days at Kennebunkport. It's quite a lovely place with world class shopping and restaurants, but my husband and I always enjoy a more simplistic style, so we avoided the fancy Inns and expensive restaurants completely. We had dinner the first night at the Cape Pier Chowder House restaurant in Cape Porpoise, which is a quaint little fishing village on the fringes of upscale Kennebunkport. Lobster shacks line the piers and colorful boats fill the harbor with ample painting material! The setting at the restaurant is very simple, but the views of sunsets are lovely and you have your choice of sitting inside or outside on the pier. It was a little chilly that night so we ate inside and I ordered two whole lobsters for only $19.99 which includes coleslaw and corn on the cob! Now where else in the world can you get a bargain like that?

To read more about this painting, and for purchase information, please visit my blog at PaintDance.

No comments:

Post a Comment