Saturday, October 9, 2010

"Whale Watchers Cove", 9x12. oil on canvas by Maryanne Jacobsen

"Whale Watcher's Cove", 9x12, oil- $160

Just when all possibility of inspiration had seemingly dried up, my hubby and I took a trip to New England and the tide turned!

We just returned last evening and this is the first time in months that I am actually excited about painting again! We started in Boston and traveled up through Cape Anne and through the scenic towns of Gloucester and Rockport, before heading up to Maine. The foliage was lovely, the seafood was great and there were enough fishing boats, scenic harbors, lobster shacks, and quaint little towns to whet my appetite for painting and keep my creative juices flowing for months to come.

I do not know the name of the lighthouse that I depicted in this painting. (There are so many in Maine!) I do know that it was on one of the little islands off of Bar Harbor, and in one of the many scenic coves off of Acadia National Park. You can take a whale watching cruise right out of Bar Harbor and out to the many islands that dot the coast there. It was too late in the season for us to see any whales, but next time I go to Maine, I definitely won't leave until I spot a whale and some puffins, too!

If you would like to purchase "Whale Watcher's Cove", please visit my blog at PaintDance.




, , , , , ,, , ,,, .

No comments:

Post a Comment