Friday, December 3, 2010

"Serendipity", 12x12 by Maryanne Jacobsen, palette knife floral

"Serendipity", 12x12, by Maryanne Jacobsen, oil on wrapped canvas-$325 with free shipping! Add a frame for only $25 and receive the painting ready to give as a gift for the holidays! (Note: Please click on the photo to see a close-up of the texture.)

I haven't done one of these gooey paintings in a while. I call them gooey paintings because there is so much paint on the canvas that it literally seems as though I was icing a cake instead of painting a still life floral! These paintings almost always start out as an attempt to conserve paint. I try to save what is left over on my palette from the day's painting session, so I spread all the left over paint on the canvas like icing. This usually results in a thick coating of earth colored paint. But then my efforts to conserve paint go out the window and I inevitably have to start all over again the next day with fresh paint in order to finish the painting!

Here is photo of the painting framed:



Anyhow, this painting was done with a palette knife only and was fun to do. It was serendipitous that I had a bunch of flowers, glass vases and an orange at my fingertips when I started the painting, and so I didn't have to think too much about the subject. If you like thick paint and an abstract approach to subject matter, then you'll probably like this. Please visit my blog at PaintDance and use the PayPal button to purchase.





, , , , , ,, , ,,, .

No comments:

Post a Comment