Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"The Benefits of Recycling", 16x12, oil on board by Maryanne Jacobsen

"The Benefits of Recycling", 16x12, oil on board by Maryanne Jacobsen

It took me four days to paint "The Summer Kitchen" painting that I posted yesterday. At the end of the painting session I had a lot of mud left over from the three different palettes that I had been working from. They had already been sent into the freezer for the past three nights and in truth I was tired of saving them . Besides, they were a pretty dismal heap at that point with the exception of a big hunk of clean permanent rose. With the cost of good oil paint so ridiculous anymore, it always seems a tremendous waste to me to throw any of it away. So even though it was late, I decided to do one of my "Left-over paint" paintings. If you are a regular visitor to this blog, you've seen them before. They are pretty spontaneous and are always a lot of fun for me to do. I just swirl the paint around until a picture starts to emerge. Since I had been painting flowers and citrus for the past couple days, I guess it's no surprise that this is what emerged.

This painting is available for purchase. Just send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com. To see more of my art, please visit my blog at Paint Dance.

, , , , , ,, , ,,, ,.

No comments:

Post a Comment