Tuesday, January 14, 2014

1533 On the Sandspit Indian River Plein Air Alla Prima

I painted this painting this morning, the last painting was looking toward the south and this one is looking north.  I left out the buildings in the distance and the bridge and docks.  The bird was there, I think he is a tricolor heron.  I was concerned we might get rained out, the weather report wasn't too promising.  It started out very clear and just a few minutes later these clouds blew in, moving fast.  All was well though, it didn't rain till late afternoon.

I was on the same spit of land as the bird, I was wondering if the tide would be coming in but I got lucky again it was going out.  There is some very shallow water to the left of the bird, that was gone when I packed up to go home.

The painting is 8 x 10 inches oil on masonite, $250.

No comments:

Post a Comment