Monday, April 10, 2017

Original Contemporary Modern Art Abstract Paintings by Filomena de Andrade Booth

 
Sea and Sand
24"x24"x1.5"
Acrylic on textured canvas
Available

Sea and Sand measures 24"x24".  This heavily textured canvas is stretched on 1.5" wood bars.  The sides are painted a rich, shimmery black/gray Micaceous Iron Oxide.  The painting is wired and does not need to be framed.  It is signed on the side, dated and signed on the back.  A protective acrylic varnish has been applied to protect the beauty of this painting from dust and harmful UV rays.

A Certificate of Authenticity is included.
Free priority shipping within the US

Prints and other items are available!
Click here for more information.


 

To gesso or not to gesso, that is the question!

 
One of the things I love to do before I even begin a painting, is to texture the canvas.  You should always prime your canvas before painting.  Priming, or gessoing, the canvas helps seal the canvas and provides a barrier between the paint and canvas fabric.  I like that it also helps to hide the weave pattern of the canvas.  Some acrylic gessos are heavier in body than others.  I like to use Golden  and many artists love Utrecht gesso.  Liquitex is good also but is more "liquidy" than others.  To create a thicker, richer surface to paint on, I frequently mix molding paste in with the gesso.  This is just one of the tips I teach my students in my workshops on the very first day.  Everyone has fun playing with the texture and can't wait to start painting as soon as the surface of the canvas is dry!

If you'd like to learn more about my private 3 day abstract painting workshops, click here. 
Word of my private workshops is starting to spread fast and my calendar is filling up quickly, so reserve your dates today!

I have a group workshop scheduled for October 16 - 18, 2017 at Fort Cooper State Park here in Inverness, Florida.  If you are interested in joining me and a fun group of artists in this beautiful location, reserve your seat today!

*****
My paintings are sold through several online art galleries but if you'd like to purchase directly from me, please click here for more information.

Be sure to visit my website to see more of my original abstract paintings!

Click here to subscribe to my monthly art newsletter!

filomena booth, abstract painting, abstract painting workshops, modern art paintings, seascape, coastal, floral, interior design, home decor art, art for interior designer, buy art online

 

No comments:

Post a Comment