Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Daily Painting 1233 Indrio Savannas Plein Air Alla Prima

Its oil on masonite, 8 x 10 inches. It was perfect out, a beautiful day. Started out the lake was like glass, perfect reflections, then a few minutes later the wind came up and the reflections broke up. The park is getting prettier and prettier over the years, there are some nice young cypress trees and lots of cattail reeds.

I had blocked in about half the painting and felt something crawling on my feet, it was fire ants. I had looked before I sat down, there were no hives, this was a parade of them moving to a new place. I moved over and all was well for a little while when they came back. This went on until I finally finished the painting and left. I just got a few nibbles, no real stings, I guess because they didn't feel threatened and weren't protecting their hill.

$300.

No comments:

Post a Comment