Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Yellow Springs Morning, 16x12, by MAryanne Jacobsen


"A Yellow Springs Morning", 16x12, oil on masonite-$350 by Maryanne Jacobsen
Note: you can click on the link for a better view of the impasto

I miss Pennsylvania. I miss Chester County. I miss Yellow Springs. Take me home country road.

I painted this scene from memory yesterday, but this morning I was able to find a photograph that I'd taken of the west meadow in the tiny village of Yellow Springs. So this was what I had in mind when I painted the scene above:



I believe that the little house with the pink roof is the former pool house, though I'm not certain. In spite of its tiny size, the village of Yellow Springs has hosted many significant events throughout history. It was the site of the hospital, where Washington's troops came to heal or die during the Revolutionary War. The beautiful Inn is currently being restored, I believe, and it was here that many of Philadelphia's wealthy came in their horse-drawn carriages to partake of the rich mineral springs that run abundantly throughout the area, hence its name. Having lived within walking distance of the village I can personally attest to the minerals, as my blonde hair was perpetually orange from the iron deposits in the water, (which landed in my well!). Today the village hosts a working art studio, and hosts an annual art and antique show that attracts visitors from all around. If you would like to learn more about the village of Yellow Springs, in Chester County, Pa., please click on this link:

Historic Yellow Springs

This painting can be purchased through PayPal for only $350.00. It has thick passages of impasto, so please allow a week at least for drying time before shipping. PLease visit my blog at Paintdance to purchase , or see more of my paintings for sale.



, ,, , ,,,, , ,, , ,,,.

No comments:

Post a Comment