Friday, October 9, 2015

Rural Landscape Painting | Daily Painting | Small Oil Painting | Country Road by Carol Schiff | 6x8" Original

Country Road, take me home.....

I still miss John Denver!   This rural landscape painting reminds me of his talent and the beautiful songs he left with us.

purchase here
97 + shipping

I walk this road every morning when I am in the Smoky Mts. of Carolina.  The morning light and pastoral scenes are the perfect way to start my days there.


I painted with a palette knife, in a technique I refer to as "color weaving".  It allows for lots of texture in the work as well as very subtle changes in color. This is actually the same scene I painted in a previous post. Check out my Sept 7th post where I cropped the image and painted with a brush. A completely different composition! That's one of the things I love about art!

I am overstocked on these daily paintings, so I have them on sale on my Etsy site this week.  I am offering a $15.00 rebate on any 5x7 or 6x8 painting sold.  Just write ETSY SALE on your order and I will credit your PayPal or Credit Card account.

Thank you for reading my blog today.



www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment