Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Botanical Fine Art Painting, Butterfly,Nature "PURPLE VANDA" The Art of Nature, Fine Art by Mindy Lighthipe




I love purple and I love orchids! I moved to Florida in 2011 after living in New Jersey for 50 years. The climate in Florida is semi-tropical and orchids literally grow in, on and around trees! They are super fun to paint, ranging in all sizes, bizarre shapes and fantastic colors. In this painting I decided to show how this Vanda orchid grows off a tree branch. The branch was done in graphite so as not to distract from the beautiful flower. I couldn't resist putting in a butterfly just for even more fun! 



30"x24" Watercolor on Paper/Available

Click HERE for purchase info.

View Mindy's available Fine Art Reproductions HERE



Click HERE to learn about Mindy's FREE video.




View Mindy's available Books HERE









No comments:

Post a Comment