Thursday, January 5, 2017

Abstract Seascape, Abstract Sunset, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, 6x8"

I am always fascinated by sunsets, especiall sunsets over water.  This little study is my impressions of a sunset at Fernandina Beach harbor.

purchase here
110 + shipping


Of course, it bares no comparison to the actual photo(or the actual event) I took, but it did provide me with several hours of fun in the studio.

Such a simple piece should not have turned into the project I experienced, but as often happens, it did.  I wanted just the right glow of colors.

It seems with me, a painting either falls off my brush or it is a major struggle.  The falling off my brush part does not happen nearly as often as the major struggle.  After 20+ years of painting, I imagined I would be further down the road.  As my kids like to say, "it is what it is".

I try to appease myself by thinking if it were easy, it would be boring.  Maybe so, but I could handle just a tad more boring,

Hope you have a great day.  Thanks for stopping by.


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment