Monday, June 14, 2010

"Ayefour Evening" by Sally Shisler


"Ayefour Evening" (28x40")-201052
Here's the largest of the three paintings for Disney. I really was pleased with this one as well. A good amount of time was spent on giving it a proper title, and I have to credit my husband for it, because I didn't know anything about the history. Ayefour is a pun on route I-4, which runs E-W through Lake Buena Vista where Disney began his land prospecting for the park. He used it as a company name for a while. Kinda catchy! I wanted to bring up the issue of stretching unprimed canvas, which is what I had to do for these paintings because of the custom sizes. Boy - it was my first time...and my last! Next time I have to do it, I'll gladly pay the local art/framing shop the few hundred it wants to do it for me. The time it took & the expense for materials was were wasted in the end because I don't believe the canvases are as tight as they should be, and I'm praying that they hold up.

Please contact me for purchase information at scshisler@gmail.com If you would like to become a subscribed member to my personal blog,
"All in a Painting Day's Work", simply enter your email address in the join box on my blog's home page. As a member you will receive special values on your purchases. And, periodic subscriber promotions give members the opportunity to enjoy my paintings in real life at even more affordable prices!

1 comment:

  1. Everything is right with this painting. Just beautiful, love your work!

    ReplyDelete