Saturday, June 12, 2010

"Living Along the Marsh" by Sally Shisler


"Living Along the Marsh" (29x29")-201051
Here is the first of the 3 big Disney commissions. It had been a long time since I worked this large and boy, was it fun. There is far more texture in these than in my past work. Not because I set out to have it this way, but because the paint was drying really fast, even though it was oil. I painted these in my back yard because my studio isn't big enough to accommodate the mess I make when there's this much work. I wasn't limited in content, which was good because all of them morphed a lot during painting. And they wanted really bold, popping colors too. Suffice to say that the canvases took quite the beating over several days of work. This one may be my favorite...

Please contact me for purchase information at scshisler@gmail.com If you would like to become a subscribed member to my personal blog,
"All in a Painting Day's Work", simply enter your email address in the join box on my blog's home page. As a member you will receive special values on your purchases. And, periodic subscriber promotions give members the opportunity to enjoy my paintings in real life at even more affordable prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment