Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Full Bloom" by Sally Shisler


"Full Bloom" (29x29")-201053
Somehow it slipped my mind to post the third Disney painting. Oops. I got swamped with medical illustration work just after these paintings were completed, and I had to get it done before we left on a week long family vacation. That could be why! And my husband and I are about to embark on another week long trek up towards Asheville, NC. A MUCH needed couple's respite from our blessed, although hectic daily lives. We have the great fortune to have close friends who offered their cabin to us for the week. It's a last minute fling - the best kind of getaway! Back to the artwork.... I haven't looked at this piece since I dropped it off, and I tell you - it was my least favorite of the the three. But right now after posting it, I realize how much I do like it! Of course, this happens ALL the time. Kind of tricky when most of my work is done on self imposed deadlines that I set in order to maintain spontaneity and avoid the stickiness of paint that's beginning to dry. I couldn't even count the number of 'daily' paintings that I've completed, but not posted because of my mental state upon completing them. Quite often I hate them & wouldn't dare have anyone look at them. It's a bit frightening to realize how screwed up & contradictory the human mind can be - mine anyway. The important thing is that Disney is thrilled with all three paintings. They were installed yesterday in the 'grand entryway' to the main sales office for the ritzy development that will start soon. I'm told I'll get photos of them hanging with the rest of the deco. I'll post them when I get them.

Please contact me for purchase information at scshisler@gmail.com If you would like to become a subscribed member to my personal blog,
"All in a Painting Day's Work", simply enter your email address in the join box on my blog's home page. As a member you will receive special values on your purchases. And, periodic subscriber promotions give members the opportunity to enjoy my paintings in real life at even more affordable prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment