Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Hobbit's Hide-Out", 16x12, oil on board, by Maryanne Jacobsen

"Hobbit's Hide-Out", 16x12, oil on board, by Maryanne Jacobsen

My painting "Hobbit's Hide-out" received the first place award at last night's opening reception of "Abstraction" at the Venice Art Center. The art center is a beautiful place, and the people living in Venice are quite proud of it. There are beautiful courtyards with fountains and tropical plants that flank either side of the building. The wine bar was set -up in one of the courtyards last night and there were hors d'hoeuves and other goodies to munch on while the people leisurely strolled around and perused all the art. There is always an accomplished pianist on hand at the receptions to entertain the crowd, and a good time was had by all.

I met some new friends last night, and re-connected with some old friends, too. Overall, it was a wonderful evening- especially for me! A big thank-you to the art center for the generous $500 check for first prize!

Here are some pictures from the reception:

That's me looking very fat in those blue pants as I receive my award.

This is one of the open air courtyards- this one adjoins the restaurant where gourmet lunches as well as wine are offered to guests of the art center.

A lot of people complimented my painting last night. I even met a couple from Pennsylvania who live in Kimberton, which is just outside of my old home town of Chester Springs. Small world!



The pianist....

People had over 100 paintings to peruse in the exhibit. There was also a very cool solo exhibit of tiki heads in an adjoining gallery by artist Maryjo Florjanski.

The painting is available for purchase for $585 through the Venice Art Center by calling (941)485-7136 through May 6th, and includes the frame.

To see more of my art, please visit my website at Maryanne Jacobsen Fine Art.

, , , , , ,, , ,,.

4 comments:

  1. I like your painting! "Hobbit's Hide-Out is indeed great!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daniel! Much Appreciated from a fine artist like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! The painting looks super and you don't look fat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree to Lori's comment. Superb!

    abstract art

    ReplyDelete