Thursday, April 21, 2011

"A Place in the Sun", 6x6, by Maryanne Jacobsen, impressionist garden paintings, contemporary impressionism

"A Place in the Sun" 6x6, oil on museum wrapped ampersand Gessoboard-$200 with free shipping, by Maryanne Jacobsen

I know this isn't a great photo of this painting, and I'll definitely try to take another one in the morning when there's natural lighting.

Last week, I bought some sunflowers and used them in my painting, "Sleepyheads with fruit". Afterwards, I took them out in the back yard and put them on a little bistro table we have in the yard under the palm and hemlock trees. My hubby took a photo of me reading in the sunlight and then I got the idea to make it more dramatic. So I ran in the house, threw on my lime green skirt, added a multi-colored scarf as well as my favorite hat. All that was left was to add the glass of wine and as I sat between the lengthening shadows and the harsh Florida sunlight, I knew that my hubby had captured a photo that was paint-worthy!



"A Place in the Sun" was the result, and I am extremely pleased with it, since I have been struggling to make some sense out of painting small. This attempt was definitely a winner in my book, and I think if an artist can paint small then they can definitely be successful at painting most anything! I named the painting after a song that my dad used to play on the family stereo. My dad always did his best to introduce his kids to all types of music, and I owe my love of music to him. Here's the lyrics, if you're too young to remember the song:


"A Place In The Sun"

Like a long lonely stream
I keep runnin' towards a dream
Movin' on, movin' on
Like a branch on a tree
I keep reachin' to be free
Movin' on, movin' on

'Cause there's a place in the sun
Where there's hope for ev'ryone
Where my poor restless heart's gotta run
There's a place in the sun
And before my life is done
Got to find me a place in the sun

Like an old dusty road
I get weary from the load
Movin' on, movin' on
Like this tired troubled earth
I've been rollin' since my birth
Movin' on, movin' on

There's a place in the sun
Where there's hope for ev'ryone
Where my poor restless heart's gotta run
There's a place in the sun
And before my life is done
Got to find me a place in the sun

You know when times are bad
And you're feeling sad
I want you to always remember

Yes, there's a place in the sun
Where there's hope for ev'ryone
Where my poor restless heart's gotta run
There's a place in the sun
Where there's hope for ev'ryone
Where my poor restless heart's gotta run
There's a place in the sun
Where there's hope for ev'ryone...

If you wish to purchase "A Place in the Sun", please visit my blog at Paint Dance. To see more of my original art, please visit my website at Maryanne Jacobsen Fine Art.


, , , , , ,, , ,,.





, , , , , ,, , ,,.

No comments:

Post a Comment