Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Window View of the Lobster Shack", 14x11, oil on linen, Peggy's Cove, fish shack, lobster shack, red boat, windows with a view impressionist painting

"Window View of the Lobster Shack", 14x11, oil on linen, by Maryanne Jacobsen

Mother's Day is just around the corner and this painting is beautifully framed, reasonably priced, and ready to give as a gift to that special mother in your life.

This painting is overall a success in my humble opinion- loose and generous with paint where it needs to be, and also restrained in areas where more modest color and brush strokes take a back seat to the lush floral bouquet in the foreground. It was tricky trying to do a painting like this, because the background needs to be painted first. The hard part is to keep the background from interfering with the focal point, while still incorporating its story into the overall theme. I hope that I was successful in that.

The background is a scene from a lovely little fishing town in Nova Scotia, called Peggy's Cove. I took some liberties with the setting and hope no one minds that I sat my window sill right smack in the middle of St. Margaret's Bay, overlooking a little fisherman's hut.

If you are interested in this painting, please send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com, or call Leah Sherman directly at Collector's Gallery and Framery at 941-488-3029.

To view more of my paintings, please visit my website at Maryanne Jacobsen, Fine Art, or my blog at PaintDance.

No comments:

Post a Comment