Sunday, April 3, 2011

"View of the French Garden", 24x24, oil on wrapped canvas-by Maryanne Jacobsen

"View of the French Garden", 24x24, oil on wrapped canvas-$850, by Maryanne Jacobsen

I've been working on this one for the past few days. I have trouble seeing values and mistakes because my studio is very dark, even with artificial lighting. So every time I thought it was finished, I'd take it into the kitchen to photograph it and see something else that needed to be fixed. I can see a couple things from this photo that I'll need to fix in the morning, but it's pretty much done.

I wanted to paint something pretty, and came up with the idea to use some snippets from some of my past favorites and incorporate them into this one. So this turned out rather pretty , I think. I used the scene from my painting, "Giverny Rooftops" as the backdrop for this window view.

If you would like to purchase this painting, please visit my blog at PaintDance and use the PayPal button there. Please allow at least 2 weeks for the painting to dry sufficiently enough to ship. Thanks for looking.



, , , , , ,, , ,,.



, , , , , ,, , ,,.

1 comment: