Monday, December 28, 2015

Floral, Still Life, Sunflower, Daily Painting, Oil, SOLD

A couple of years ago, I spent a wonderful week at Seven Devils, North Carolina with my group of art buddies, Pieces of Eight.  Cindy, who hosted us that year, proved once again to be the perfect hostess.  She had many art related activities planned for us.   We toured museums, galleries and several artist's  studios.  I didn't get much painting done, but I made up for it with plenty of inspiration from my photos.


SOLD
I photographed this sunflower at Grandfather Vineyard, and painted from it in my comfortable studio.  I hope someday I get to the point of knowing what a painting will look like before I start it.  I am not there now.  I started this with something completely different in mind, but I am happy with the results.


I enjoy doing works with plenty of texture.  I think it brings an additional quality to the piece and I like the way viewers want to reach out and touch it.

Are you able to choreograph where you want your painting to go, or are you flying by the seat of your pants like me?


No comments:

Post a Comment