Monday, January 4, 2016

Horse Portrait, "The Mare" 6x8" Daily Painting SOLD

Our neighborhood is not really rural, but we do have horses living in the area.


SOLD

This one is very friendly and often comes over to greet me as I walk by her pasture.  She was even kind enough to pose for a photo.


I am always looking for new subject matter, so I decided to give horses a try.  This is my first attempt.  Since, I have done one more.  I enjoyed painting them, but do have a difficult time getting interesting photos of them.  Sometimes, I think becoming a photographer is a prerequisite to becoming an artist.  Some would say the trick is to sketch, sketch, sketch to know your subject well and paint from your sketches.  A valid point, but I prefer to use my limited time painting, so, I look to all the advantages modern technology has given us to work with.

 Hi Hoo Silver!


No comments:

Post a Comment