Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Plein Air Painting from Georgia by Sharon Guy


















Peaceful Pair, Oil on canvas, 10 in. x 8 in.

While traveling home from North Carolina, I stopped at a KOA campground in Richmond Hill, Georgia, near Savannah. They have a beautiful lake full of birds. The swans, ducks, and Canada Geese are well fed by the visitors. I was renting a little rustic cabin on the lake. Having such an incredible view of nature made up for not having a television. I started this painting on site and finished it after I returned home. I also did some detailed drawings of an island on the lake where hundreds of birds roost for the night. Early in the morning, I watched them wake up and fly out while I drank my coffee. For more of my new plein air pieces visit my website at Sharon Guy Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment