Thursday, August 5, 2010

Plein Air Painting from North Carolina by Sharon Guy

















Linwood Falls, Blue Ridge Parkway, Oil on canvas, 14 in. x 11 in.

I painted this en plain air during a workshop at Ringling Wildacres in North Carolina. Standing in the shade near the cool, rippling water was a pleasure. The water was very red and orange because of the rusty-colored ground. Our group worked hard for several hours, and barely spoke to each other because we found the waterfall so challenging. I don't get many opportunities to draw rocks while living in Florida, but I grew up in New England where there were many rocks, streams, and waterfalls. The sunlight trickled in through the thick foliage, and made patches and dapples of light. Plein air painting is my new inspiration. My website is at Sharon Guy Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment