Friday, October 3, 2014

Duet for Flute and Harp by Sally Shisler


Duet for Flute and Harp
4x4" #201448
Oil on board
Available - Contact me for pricing.
scshisler@gmail.com

Back to an itty bitty. Still intrigued by these little figures against the dark backgrounds. The beachy paintings seem to be far more appealing to my long time followers, but I just can't resist the fun of making small notes of light to define the musical instruments and the features of the figures in dark interior lighting. This one got a little bit further away from my usual colorful work than I would have liked, but I recognize the value in painting mono-chromatically. More fun news - I have been asked to have a solo show at a gallery in Winter Park Florida!  I am in the process of making arrangements with the gallery owner and the dates/location will soon be announced.  This will be the first real solo show for me. I'd better get working - even more.

WORKSHOPS and CLASSES
• Three day Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy Workshop scheduled for Wednesday, November 19th- Friday November 21th at SoBo Art Gallery in Winter Garden Florida.  $320 for 3 days. Workshop is limited to 8 students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or scshisler@gmail.com to secure your spot!

• Four day Intensive - Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy with focus on clean color mixing based on theory. Workshop scheduled for January 28th-30th, 2015 at my studio, Sally Shisler Palette Knife Painting Studio, in Winter Garden Florida. $450 for 4 days. This will be an intense session where students will be practicing technique and learning how to translate their brush painting skills into palette knife artistry. Intermediate - Advanced.  Workshop is limited to six students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or scshisler@gmail.com to secure your spot.

• Palette Knife Technique and Philosophy Workshop scheduled for May 2015 at The Art School in Sandy Springs Atlanta, Georgia.  $450 for 3 days. Please call or email Donna Thomas at 404-313-7356 or theartschoolinsandysprings.com.

• Announcing one day, 3 hour intensive COLOR MIXING workshops in my studio in Winter Garden, FL!  These sessions are designed to help students prepare for their own paintings that they will paint at home with their premixed palette. This is all about thorough color mixing; not actual painting. Each student will be provided with a high quality color print of their selected photograph with a clear breakdown of which colors will be mixed. Preparing a palette of clean, harmonious color before putting knife/brush to canvas gives you a head start on a successful painting. Workshops are held on the second Saturday of each month. Cost is $50. Beginner-Advanced. Space is limited to six students. Please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or scshisler@gmail.com to secure your spot.

• Private Lessons In my studio. Cost is $100 for three hours. Those interested, please call or email me at 321-331-3045 or scshisler@gmail.com to make an appointment.

BOOKS:
• Sally Shisler - A Collection of Paintings from 2007-2014. Keep your eyes peeled for my first self published book of 4x4" palette knife paintings.
• Sally Shisler - Color Mixing for Radiant Harmony in your Paintings. Not long after the book above is published, I'll be coming out with an instruction book that goes in depth with how I chose and mix color.

VIDEOS/DVDS:
Coming soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment