Friday, February 5, 2016

Marsh Landscape with herons, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, 9x12x.75" Oil

This little painting on linen, is a study for a 30x40" commission that I am working on.


purchase here
190 + shipping

I painted several small studies, until the client was happy with the composition.


I think this has a slightly "romantic"feel about it, quite different than my usual pieces.  I kept the brushwork and the colors softer than my usual works.

When I first started painting, there were so many rules to learn.  I never knew what the finished piece would look like and usually started without a specific feel in mind.  After all these years, I am finally feeling a little control in my work, but, oh so much more to learn!

I know for me, this is the appeal of painting, always trying to challenge myself and escalate my skills.  Very frustrating and also very rewarding and ALWAYS interesting!

Have a great day!




www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment