Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sunflower Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, 14x18x.75" Oil

Last summer I visited Colorado and fell in love with the state.  The beauty is breath taking and I was trying to record it all on my camera.

Today's painting is a light hearted, laid back attempt to capture the wild sunflowers swaying in the breeze of the Colorado landscape.

purchase here
450 + shipping
 On a whim, I decided to paint over an old abstract painting, that carried lots of texture in specific areas.


That set the tone of the painting for me.  I stayed loose and free.



Much of the background is from the original painting.

I have a friend who burns her unsuccesful paintings at the end of the year.  I think that is a dangerous activity.  The fumes of the paint and mediums burning cannot be a good thing.  I much prefer to paint over a less successful painting and save a few dollars by reusing the canvas.  I am all about recycling.

Happy Painting!!


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment