Wednesday, February 10, 2016

WILDFLOWERS, ACRYLIC, 20X24, SOLD

This is definitely not my usual painting! A few years ago, I took a month long workshop with Fritz VanEeden. Fritz is a very well known and respected artist from Holland who has been living in our town at least part of the year. I was fortunate enough to work with him for over a month, 3 days a week, for 4-5 hours. Fritz is obsessed, and if he is awake, he must have a paintbrush in his hand! He is also a wonderful man. I do enjoy this type of painting, but I just couldn't get the hang of painting out of my head. So this is my one and only true abstract!

Now, my varnishing question got several replies, both here and on facebook, and the winner is......retouch varnish! I have run to my art supply store to grab a can and now feel much more confident in my technique. So, thank you all very much for your replies!

No comments:

Post a Comment