Friday, July 9, 2010

"Country Way" by Sally Shisler


"Country Way" (4x4")-201056
Love, love, LOVE white cows in green pastures! I'm aware that the subject matter can be a bit kitschy (did I spell that right?), but who can resist it? In a way, this could be a companion piece to a painting I did earlier this year, "Clyde's Cattle". Though it's much smaller, and much more colorful. I do love the challenge of putting in just enough information to reveal the subject, but not so much that the subject dies in detail. There's so often such a fine line with this, but the last few paintings I've posted are really working for me.

Please contact me for purchase information at scshisler@gmail.comscshisler@gmail.com If you would like to become a subscribed member to my personal blog,
"All in a Painting Day's Work", simply enter your email address in the join box on my blog's home page. As a member you will receive special values on your purchases. And, periodic subscriber promotions give members the opportunity to enjoy my paintings in real life at even more affordable prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment