Sunday, July 11, 2010

"Rutherfordton County" by Sally Shisler


"Rutherfordton County" (10x8")-201058
I must first thank all of you who have been (and now are) following my work and leaving such wonderful commentary! It's an honor to have talented folks like you take an interest in my paintings. As simple as it looks, today's piece was quite a mind twist in it's process. I really wanted to combine all of what I felt were successful elements of the recent days' paintings into this one. I thought I had it finished at one point with my trademark suggestion of a path/road/trail winding it's way from foreground to back. But I realized that my eye kept bouncing up and down like a ping pong ball from ground to sky and back. So I went ahead and painted over it with very thick paint. I'm not really too sure that the cows are reading, but as an abstractish design element, I like them.

Please contact me for purchase information at scshisler@gmail.comscshisler@gmail.com If you would like to become a subscribed member to my personal blog,
"All in a Painting Day's Work", simply enter your email address in the join box on my blog's home page. As a member you will receive special values on your purchases. And, periodic subscriber promotions give members the opportunity to enjoy my paintings in real life at even more affordable prices!

1 comment: