Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Small Landscape Painting, "Intracoastal Island" by Carol Schiff, 6x8" Oil, SOLD

This small landscape painting depicts a scene I see every day.  Florida's intracoastal waterway is dotted with small uninhabited islands.

Purchase here
SOLD

During warmer months, the islands are often gathering places for camping and fishing trips or simply a fun boating trip for a family outing.  Even the youngest kids enjoy the sandy beaches and calm, shallow waters and many picnics and happy days occur there.



I painted the scene with a palette knife in the style I like to call "color weaving" which gives it a nice textured look.  I particularly like a small landscape painting in a simple black frame which, I feel, gives a sense of elegance.  I love when you pin my work!



www.CarolSchiff Studio.etsy.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment