Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Abstract Oil Painting, Daily Painting, Textured Art, "Rainy Day in Albany" 10x10x3" Contemporary Art

This painting was a happy accident!  Well, maybe not the painting, but the total effect.

I purchased some art supplies online and was very surprised (and maybe dismayed) to see that two sizes of canvases we actually 3" deep!  How did that happen?  I thought about returning them, but after calculating the return shipping, I realized that would not work.

purchase here
 So what to do?  They seemed so in-your-face, not the right canvas for a delicate rose.


I decided abstract was the way to go.


I wanted lots of texture, but still need contract in the texture.


Yes, it can go on the wall.....but why?  I love it sitting on a shelf, pretending to be a sculpture.

And guess what!  A manufacturer loved it too, so it is licensed and may be appearing in a department store near you soon, pretending to be a pillow or maybe a duvet.

Thanks for reading my blog today.

Carol Schiff
www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment