Thursday, January 29, 2015

Flower Painting | Floral Still Life | Small Oil Painting | Rhododendron by Carol Schiff 6x8 Oil

Still painting flowers!  Hope you have not tired of them yet.  I will try to break up the flower posts with other subject matter, just to keep you awake.

$95 + 6.50


This petite bouquet of rhododendron blossoms grew next to my house in the Blue Ridge Mountains.  I snipped a few and placed them in a jelly jar on my kitchen window sill.  I love the effect of the darkened flowers with the bright light flowing in behind them.



My goal with these little works is to keep strong basic shapes and let the viewer's eye fill in missing pieces.  As you can see from this photo, the paint is thick and the strokes are few.

Happy Morning to you!



www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment