Saturday, November 26, 2016

Cow Painting, Daily Painting, "Bovine Portrait" by Carol Schiff, 11x14 Oil on Linen

A client wanted a cow painting, for licensing purposes.  I usually do daily painting of still life or landscape, but I have to admit I enjoyed both the horse, they originally chose,  and this cow painting.


Purchase here
250 + shipping

I painted on Senso linen canvas.  I had a pad of the linen around for several years but didn't really know what to do with it.  I found it had a different texture than the cotton canvas I usually paint on, but once I got into the painting, it was fine.

FIND ME ON FACEBOOK
VISIT MY ETSY SITE
BUY A PRINT
My next problem was what to do with this unstretched painting.  After surveying several friends, I mounted it on a cradled wood panel.  I was told the perfect glue to use is YES GLUE available at craft stores.  I had some in my stash and I have to say it worked like a charm.  Then I trimmed the edges with a exacto knife and it turned out perfectly.  Now I can use the rest of my Senso linen canvas with no fear!

So, today I stretched my limits, both with the Senso canvas and the cow painting, and luckily both worked out for me!


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment