Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Daily Painting, Fiddlehead Fern Painting, Small OIl Painting, 11x14 Oil NFS

This small oil painting came about because of a trip I took to North Carolina in the spring. I live in Florida, so we don't get a lot of spring flowers, and when I saw this bed of ferns coming to life, I had to paint them.

NFS
I was surprised how quickly they grew, with obvious growth from day to day.

I decided to use a dark background to really highlight the ferns and keep my palette restricted to greens, blues and purples. I have been pleased with the results of this painting, which is a departure from my usual style. Blues are very difficult to photograph accurately and although the background color appears to be a deep blue, the actual color is close to a black,

This piece is available  at the link above as an original, or here as a giclee'  canvas print in the size of your choice.

Thanks for viewing my blog today.  I hope you take time every day,  to smell the roses.


MY PRINTS


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment