Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Sky Painting, Small Oil Painting, Daily Painting, 8x8x1.5" Oil Painting

An early morning beach photo shoot was the inspiration for this piece.  Thank you to Pat Garvey for sharing his image with me.

Purchase here
 One of the biggest problems of selling art online, is representing your art with correct colors.  I didn't realize how big a problem this would be.

I tried for over an hour to edit this piece correctly, and was only partially successful.    Blues seem to be the colors that always give me problems in my photography.

The image above is washed out compared to the actual piece, which is sitting here next to me.  My problem was trying to get the blue gray on the lower right corner to read correctly...which is right on with my monitor.  But that means I have lost some beautiful warm rust and mauve hues in the dark cloud.



In this detail, the mauves and orangey rust shades are correct, but the blue on the right side is way too strong. Also the pale yellows are not warm enough.  What to do?  I have no answers.

Even if I am able to get the colors correct on my monitor, they may not be what you are seeing on your monitor.

So I do my best to represent what I see and offer my customers a full refund if they are unhappy.

I think most buyers understand this issue as fortunately, I have not had a painting returned in almost 10 years.

If any of you have a solution, I would love to hear it.

After writing this post, I tried again to edit my image, and finally have settled on this as the best representation of the painting.  It is better, but still does not reflect all the color variations.

Still missing mauve and purple colors in the dark cloud area and aqua tints behind the pelican.


Thanks for reading my blog today.

Carol Schiff
www.CarolSchiffStudiio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment