Sunday, May 30, 2010

Eco Trip, a Coastal Florida Oil Landscapes with Kayaks by Judy Batterson


I am very excited about this work because it captures everything I want to say in a painting. I was in a boat on the Intracoastal Waterway when I saw four kayaks pulled up next to an old rowboat beached on a island. The bright colors of the kayaks were dazzling on the white sand. I took as many photos as possible and then started sketching the composition. This was natural
ecological Florida being discovered and enjoyed by modern explorers! The painting took much longer to paint than I ever anticipated because I had to let the layers of the sand dry before painting each kayak. What a joy to paint coastal Florida in this way! I felt like I was "on the island" with each brushstroke. Painting size is 24 x 36" original oil on masonite.
For more Florida natural oil landscapes, visit my website at
www.judybatterson.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment