Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Goin' Fishin' on the Gulf Islands Seashore", 14x11, by Maryanne Jacobsen, oil on canvas, by Maryanne Jacobsen

"Goin' Fishin' on the Gulf Islands Seashore", 14x11, oil on canvas-$600

I think my memory is getting really bad. I honestly can't remember things well anymore. For instance, last weekend, as soon as I got home from San Diego, I painted this commission piece for a client:

I really liked the way that it came out, and today when I decided to do the painting of the heron above, I wanted to use the same palette. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it was! I knew I had restricted the palette to a warm and cool of each of the primaries, as well as a warm and cool green. That was it. So today I tried to do the same thing but obviously I didn't use the same colors.

I think from now on, I am going to record the colors that I use, so that I'll remember them in the future. For the heron painting above I used a really cool palette, and now I wish I had made it warmer. Anyhow, I wanted to do this painting of a great blue heron because they are such lovely , graceful birds, especially as they begin to alight, and also to keep the public aware of how important it is to preserve the fragility of the eco-system in the Gulf of Mexico. I did not look at the news today about the oil spill. It has been getting me really depressed so I decided to avoid it altogether. I hope somehow this will not be as bad as it seems to be right now.

Please use the Paypal button below if you wish to purchase this painting of wildlife , fragile sand dunes and the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. If you wish to seemore of my paintings, please visit my blog at PaintDance.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $600.00 plus $10 s/h
Or, send me an email


, , , , , ,, , ,

, , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment