Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Emerald Pool, Yosemite National Park, by Sharon Guy






















Emerald Pool, Oil on canvas, 11 in. x 14 in.

I'm still working on paintings from my hiking trip at Yosemite National Park in 2008. Although I paint every day, I'm not a "one painting a day" artist. Many of my paintings take time to complete, and they are a decent size. Emerald Pool is a small, shallow lake above Vernal Fall. The deep green color is from algae on the rocks at the bottom. It is an intense, vivid green. The lake was small during the fall season when I visited because was during the dry season. Yosemite is one of the most inspiring and awesome places I have ever visited. I hope to return someday. Meanwhile, I will get back to some of my Florida paintings. Sharon Guy Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment