Monday, May 10, 2010

"Jacaranda Tree in Bloom" by Maryanne Jacobsen

"Jacaranda Tree in Bloom", 12x16, oil on canvas-$550

Last week I was driving through a Sarasota neighborhood and I was struck by the image of a jacaranda tree in full bloom. Here in Florida, these gorgeous trees fill with beautiful purple blossoms for only 2 weeks in the entire year, and so it is always a treat to see them start blooming in early May.

This one was at its peak the day that I drove by and the kindly gentlemen whose yard is graced by this lovely tree was gracious in allowing me to take a few photos of it.

As you can see, the tree was making a purple carpet fit for a queen to walk upon! If you would like to purchase this painting, please visit my blog at PaintDance.



, , , , ,, ,,,, , ,.

No comments:

Post a Comment