Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Daily Painting by Sally Shisler, "Grapes & Creamer"


"Grapes & Creamer" (6x6")-201048
Here's something quite different for me. Still life & brushes. Kind of a practice piece to see where I was at with my old ways of painting. Plus, the weather here is getting too hot to be outside and my studio is looking better and better. There are a few influences and inspirations behind this; Carol Marine (of course), Kathryn Townsend and Peggi Kroll Roberts. These ladies know how to do this thing!!! I'm going to keep on with the brushes, even though I am loathe to go through the clean up involved. There is just so much more opportunity to achieve subtlety in a brush stroke.

Please contact me for purchase information at scshisler@gmail.com If you would like to become a subscribed member to my personal blog,
"All in a Painting Day's Work", simply enter your email address in the join box on my blog's home page. As a member you will receive special values on your purchases. And, periodic subscriber promotions give members the

No comments:

Post a Comment