Thursday, August 18, 2016

Dog Portrait, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, 16x20x1.5 Animal Painting, SOLD

Today, I am posting a commission painting.  I find that doing a commission is a whole different ball game.  Do you agree?
Add caption

 The client was asking for three paintings of his two dogs.  One of each, and one of both animals.


detail
SOLD

This is the first painting.  I always second guessing myself when I work on a commission.  Does the client want this, or do that want that.  Is it too dull for them, or too bright, or too much detail, or not enough.  It is hard guessing what a perfect stranger would like!

Add to that the dreaded deadline!  In this case, I had only a short time to complete the artwork, due to my schedule.  What if I failed and produce a suitable painting in the allotted time?

While commissions are stressful for me, I always welcome them.....I just have to remeber the sense of accomplishment I have, when the project is accepted by the client.

I believe a little stretch is good for everyone, especially us artists


Thanks for reading my blog today......and keep painting!


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment