Monday, August 15, 2016

Small Abstract Painting, Daily Painting, Original Oil Abstract ,by Carol Schiff, 8x8x1.5"

It has been some time since I posted an abstract......this week I was in the mood to do some non-representative work.

Purchase here
130 + shipping


I enjoy abstract, at times, as it gives me the opportunity to concentrate on composition and color relationships.  No drawing distractions!

I started this piece by creating lots of texture on the canvas, followed by a coat of acrylic cad. red.  Then the fun began as I brought out my oils and just pushed paint around until I was happy with the results.  It was that same feeling I used to get when I would stomp around in rain puddles as a kid.

I know I will soon go back to representative work, but today, I am happy with this,

Thanks for reading my blog today.

www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment